Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Praise the Lord!!! Update #4 on Beckie

 

 

 

            

David & Beckie Smith

PO Box 86703

Mombasa, Kenya

East Africa 80100

 

 


From: Beckie Smith [mailto:rjs0591@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:16 PM
To: David Smith; Kev and Meem Smith; Kent and Michelle Smith; Kimbra Stuva; Krista Smith
Subject: Praise the Lord!!!

 

Just want to give ALL praise to the Lord for His faithfulness and also thanks to all who lifted me in prayer these past few days!!!  I felt the Lord's peace as I took the ct scans and as I waited for the results.  With my natural mental tendency towards 'reading into things', it isn't easy for me to be calm and relaxed.....so I DEFINITELY felt the supernatural peace that comes from the Lord.  He gave me Psalm 92 and a chorus to focus on that  replayed over and over in my mind. The chorus was: "Let your Spirit rise up in me; You set my feet to dancing and my heart rejoicing and my 'voice' singing out Your praise."  My voice will SING praises to His name!!!

 

The results showed a large amount of radiotherapy scarring in the area where the vocal chord runs, which they concur damaged the left chord and left it paralyzed.  The doctor said I have a VERY strong voice considering the paralysis of the left chord that occured over 20 years ago.  My Dad asked me if I told him it came from ALL the years of exercising my voice (referring to the fact that I like to talk)!!!!  Anyway, he told me to buy a small personal voice amplifier to use whenever I need to speak to groups, as I won't have projection ability....unless of course the Lord miraculously heals that chord! 

 

Again.....thank you for lifting me before the throne of the Father!  His faithfulness and love are unfathomable and consistent!!!

 

Blessings,

Beckie
 

Beckie


                                                                               
_______________________________________________

For tax exempt gifts send to:

David D. Smith account  # 221097

1445 Boonville Ave

Springfield, Mo.

65802-1894

 

Email: David.Smith@agmd.org

Without friends like you, it would not be possible to minister effectively in Kenya.  To partner with us in this incredible  endeavor, click here for access to a secure internet link for IRS-deductible contributions:¹

https://secure1.ag.org/contributions/detail.cfm?LedgerID=fec3e5fc-8538-4c6a-b9af-232d998a1ad3

 

PS Praise the Lord that we only had to pay $1049 of the $5000 for the 3 scans. Thank God for good insurance. Another prayer request is that my father Walter B. Smith is in the hospital in Kansas & they have removed fluid on his lungs. Praying for good results. God is able.

I appreciate your prayers too?

Blessings,

David



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5148 (20100526) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

No comments: