Saturday, April 23, 2011

Beckie's mom with the Lord!

Dear Friends,

 

Eleanor Rose Guynes , wife of Delmer R. Guynes went to be with the Lord Friday, April 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM in Mombasa, Kenya. She will be buried in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia May 1st, 2011. Memorial service will be held at Southwestern Assemblies of God University later in the month of May.

 

Dr. Guynes states that in lieu of flowers, those wishing to honor the memory of Eleanor may do so with a tax deductible contribution to the:

 

Eleanor Guynes Scholarship Fund

Southwestern Assemblies of God University Foundation

1200 Sycamore Street

Waxahachie, TX 75165

 

This fund was established at the Guynes 50th  Wedding Anniversary in 1999 with a gift of $50,000. Dr. Guynes seeks to increase this to $100,000 as soon as possible. Your gift will be deeply appreciated.

 

Blessings,

 

David & Beckie Smith

Mombasa, Kenya

East Africa

3 comments:

Vincent Tai said...

David & Beckie:
I am deeply saddened to learn of the sudden passing away of your mum. I knew your mum and dad since 1983. Pastor Delmer R. Guynes used to preach in Calvary Church in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
Condlence to you and your family.

Vincent Tai & family

Bev Hamm said...

Beckie--My love and prayers go out to you and yours. I know Aunt Eleanor is
enjoying her reunion with her family. I think how great it must be to be with the Lord. Someday we will all be together, what a wonderful day that will be until then, love & Prayers Bev Hawkins Hamm

Anonymous said...

Dear Guynes & Smiths & family,
I am so very sad to hear of your loss. Your mother was such an amazing lady. She blessed me everytime I talked with her. All of you have poured into my life.
I am praying for peace, comfort, & grace for all of you.
Hugs from PNG, Beverly Mosley